Before You Proceed
- Membership dues are paid annually.
- SOMA's membership year is January 1 – December 31.
Join at any time during the year for a prorated fee (see chart below); sign up for auto pay, either on a quarterly or annual basis.
Your member information is
secure. SOMA does not sell or exchange its members' information.
All membership applications submitted to SOMA are reviewed by the Membership Committee for approval. The Membership Committee may disapprove a membership application for any lawful reason. Please allow 7-10 business days for notification of acceptance.
SOMA accepts checks as well as Mastercard, Visa, Discover and American Express in U.S. funds only.
SOMA does not accept purchase orders for goods or services.
- Data privacy for Canadian residents (CASL) and Europian nations (GDPR) require express consent to contact and/or maintain personal information. Before completing your membership application, please be sure to provide consent. Click here for more information.
To join SOMA online:
- Choose your membership category below.
- You will be prompted to create an account on the subsequent page before paying your membership fees.
[Note: If you are not sure if you presently have an account, please
click here to find an existing record so that a duplicate record is not created causing confusion. Click here to reinstate if you find an outdated record in our system.
$150 -Medic-Military Enlisted - (enlisted military medic).
- (medical professional, PA, NP, nurses, physical thereapists, allied Professional, and international practitioners who are not military medics or physicians).
$325 -Physicians- (Allopathic [MD] and osteopathic [DO] physicians)
Emeritus- (individuals who were previously medic, professional, or physician members who have retired from professional employment because of length of service or physical disability). Should
you feel you qualify for Emeritus membership, please complete a hard-copy application, email it to us with a brief description of why you qualify for Emeritus membership.
$125 - Student/Resident/Fellow
- (individuals who are currently students or in resident or fellowship programs. Individuals applying for this category of membership will be required to provide the anticipated date of his/her graduation or program completion).
Member Dues Rated & Prorated (applicable to new members only)
If you have any questions regarding SOMA membership or renewal, please contact the SOMA Executive Office at
Journal of Special Operations Medicine (JSOM) - The only indexed, peer review journal in the world dedicated to SOF medicine.
U.S. members receive a print copy of the journal quarterly and are eligible for a 20% discount to access the journal on-line. Inter- national members will receive an online subscription to the journal and are eligible for a 20% discount on printed issues of the journal.
Annual Scientific Assembly - SOMSA is the largest gathering of SOF medical providers in the world that includes, U.S. military, foreign military, domestic tactical law enforcement and tactical EMS providers.
Medic to Doctor Mentor Program - Our Second Half Initiative provides information and mentorship to SOF medics interested in attend- ing higher medical education such as medical, physician's assistant, and nursing school.
Scholarship Opportunities - Enlisted medics who join SOMA have the opportunity to earn thousands of dollars in cash scholarships to attend higher medical education.
Networking - SOMA membership includes an interactive forum accessible only to SOMA members.
Leadership Opportunities - SOMA has a number of work groups and committees.
SOMA Gear - Members receive discounts on the apparel and gear from the SOMA Gear.
CANADIAN ANTI-SPAM LEGISLATION (CASL)
Due to Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation, Canadian Members cannot receive emails from SOMA unless you opt in. Click here for more information on the legislation and to provide consent.