SOMA is the most unique medical association in the world. Its benefits include:
Journal of Special Operations Medicine (JSOM)
- The only indexed, peer review journal in the world dedicated to SOF medicine.
U.S. members receive a print copy of the journal quarterly and are eligible for a 20% discount to access the journal on-line. Inter- national members will receive an online subscription to the journal and are eligible for a 20% discount on printed issues of the journal.
Annual Scientific Assembly
- SOMA members receive a discounted rate on registration fees for the Scientific Assembly.
SOMSA is the largest gathering of SOF medical providers in the world that includes, U.S. military, foreign military, domestic tactical law enforcement and tactical EMS providers.
Medic to Doctor Mentor Program
- Our Second Half Initiative provides information and mentorship to SOF medics interested in attend- ing higher medical education such as medical, physician's assistant, and nursing school.
- Enlisted medics who join SOMA have the opportunity to earn thousands of dollars in cash scholarships to attend higher medical education.
Prehospital Emergency Care (PEC)
- Discounted annual subscription rate ($56) to this peer-reviewed journal published six times a year.
Leadership Opportunities -
SOMA has a number of ways for yo uto get involved and contribute through work groups and
- Members receive discounts on the apparel and gear from the SOMA Gear.