The Special Operations Medical Association Medic of the Year Award annually recognizes a special operations medic who, during the preceding calendar year, has demonstrated unwavering dedication to the art and science of special operations medicine via gallant actions and/or via advancement of research, education, and/or clinical practice.
Nomination deadline: March 2, 2020
to nominate a Medic of the Year. Only online nominations are accepted. See below for Eligibility.
The SOMA Scholarship and Awards Committee, in conjunction with the SOMA Board of Directors, will select a single recipient as the SOMA Medic of the Year. The award will be presented during the annual Scientific Assembly.
The SOMA Medic of the Year will receive:
- Complimentary registration to attend the Scientific Assembly;
- Free SOMA membership for the coming year, and
- A plaque to commemorate this achievement.
- The individual being nominated for award (Nominee) is not required to be a SOMA member
- Nominee must be a Medic with special operations qualification(s), either military or civilian
- The nominated activity must have occurred during the preceding calendar year (01 Jan - 31 Dec). For example, the 2020 Medic of the Year activity must have occurred 20190101-20191231
- Nomination(s) and all supporting material(s) must be submitted by the deadline (00:00 hrs on 2 March each awarding year)
- The individual submitting the nomination (Nominator) must be a current SOMA member
- For more information contact Taylor George, SOMA's Scholarship Committee Chair