The Special Operations Medical Association Medic of the Year Award annually recognizes a special operations medic who, during the preceding calendar year, has demonstrated unwavering dedication to the art and science of special operations medicine via gallant actions and/or via advancement of research, education, and/or clinical practice.
The SOMA Scholarship and Awards Committee, in conjunction with the SOMA Board of Directors, will select a single recipient as the SOMA Medic of the Year. The award will be presented during the annual Scientific Assembly.
The SOMA Medic of the Year will receive:
1. Complimentary registration to attend the Scientific Assembly
2. Free SOMA membership for the coming year
3. Plaque to commemorate this achievement
- The individual being nominated for award (Nominee) is not required to be a SOMA member
- Nominee must be a Medic with special operations qualification(s), either military or civilian
- The nominated activity must have occurred during the preceding calendar year (01 Jan - 31 Dec). For example, the 2021 Medic of the Year activity must have occurred 20200101-20201231
Nomination(s) and all supporting material(s) must be submitted by the deadline (00:00 hrs on 14 May)
- The individual submitting the nomination (Nominator) must be a current SOMA member
For more information contact Joey Hernandez, SOMA's Scholarship and Awards Committee Chair
When submitting your nomination please attach a description of the nomination in essay format with any supporting materials. Be as detailed as possible and provide any storyline needed. Be sure to directly address how the nominee demonstrated unwavering dedication to the art and science of special operations medicine, including any long-term impact. Do not include classified information. Submission and supporting materials must be in PDF fprmat and may not exceed 5 pages total.
Click here to nominate a Medic of the year. Only online nominations will be accepted.